Why hire a land train?
- Getting Around: Land trains can be used to transport your guests from one part of your event to another. This can be very helpful for guests who struggle to walk around a large event.
- The perfect sightseeing vehicle: Plan a route that takes in the best views of your event, winter wonderland or festival, and our land train will ferry your guests around to show them the highlights.
- Shuttle in style: If the event car park is a long walk from the main entrance, let the land train take the strain off of your guests’ feet. This is a particularly good idea for festival campgrounds and Irvin Leisure would be very happy to bring our wealth of festival experience to your event.
- Show Off Your Permanent Venue: Land trains are not just for one-off events. They are perfect to show off zoos, tourist attractions, seafronts, stately homes, or even town centres.
Our Land Trains
The land train engine can pull three carriages, with room for 15 to 20 riders (capacity depends on how many of the passengers are adults and how many are children). With all three carriages in tow, the land train can carry between 45 and 60 passengers. If needed, the land train can also be used with just one or two carriages, which reduces our transport costs and in turn makes it cheaper for you to hire.
Some land trains for hire only have small engines, which means they lack the power to pull the carriages up hills and require more frequent stops to allow the engine to cool down. At Irvin Leisure, we only hire out high-quality land trains with powerful engines and large wheels that can handle both tarmac and grass, so you can have peace of mind that our land trains can provide the service we have promised.
Our land trains can be hired for a complete summer season, just one day, or for a number of consecutive days at shows, which gives you excellent flexibility when it comes to booking. At Irvin Leisure, we pride ourselves on providing you with a bespoke hire experience.
We are experts in providing land trains for promotions, company and corporate body launches and outdoor events. Please get in touch to discuss how we can customise the land train to match your brand colours or theme.
Our land trains are frequently used as people-carriers to ferry visitors from car parks to the main event area. Santa’s Grotto events are also very popular in November and December and a land train can add an extra touch of excitement for the young and old alike as has been demonstrated by our work for Birmingham City Council.
Racecourses, showgrounds, stately homes and all manner of outdoor events are wonderful opportunities for these magnificent Irvin Leisure land trains.
We will always assist you with advice on which land train is best suited to your needs, how to operate it and what is required at the event. Indeed, the benefit of our years and years of experience in this field are at the disposal of any genuinely interested body or person.
Our Hire Package
We only ever offer our vehicles as a complete package so that you and your guests can have a seamless experience.
A package typically consists of:
- A land train of various lengths for public highway or off-road usage
- An experienced qualified driver
- A competent guard on the rear carriage
- Full insurance cover (as applicable)
- Annual worthiness certificate report
- Full risk assessment reports
- All fuels and oils
- Train stop signs
We can also offer a fare-taking service for you if required, or you can of course have your own ticket conductor on or off the land train.
If on-road operation is required, prior Department of Transport (DoT) approval is necessary. It normally takes about a month to acquire a Vehicle Special Order. We have previous experience in applying for DoT Vehicle Special Orders and will happily aid you through the process.
Emma Earl - Guiding Event Organiser
I would like to thank you for making our event such a success.
Tom - Planet Gold
I would like to thank you for the brilliant job you and your team did for our event. We are very pleased and our clients are more than happy.